Classes & Workshops
Portico Fine Art offers a variety of painting classes suitable for every skill level.
Instructor Jordan Pope believes in sharing the secrets of good art and focuses on individual instruction to develop specific skills in a positive, nurturing atmosphere.
Classes are not only for serious students—they're also for the hobbyist who is enriching their life with the love of beauty and expression.
Many of Jordan's students have gone on to win awards, have gallery exhibitions, and enter professional art shows.
Studio Classes Now accepting registrations
- Beginner and Advanced
- Ages 14 to 114+
- Small Classes (8 to 12 Students)—Receive individual instruction
- Oils and Drawing
- Comfortable studio classes
- Morning or afternoon classes
- Ongoing classes in 6-week increments (1 class per week), start anytime you want
- Convenient Parking
Please call (805) 695-8850 to receive information on these wonderful classes.
Plein Air Learn to paint Alla Prima style in nature
Next Plein Air Workshop: April 16, 17, & 18 of 2020 ($600)
- How to start and complete a painting
- Alla Prima style painting, using wet into wet paint
- Learning to see and simplify your subject
- Massing in correct color values
- How to make natural believable color
- Aero perspective in painting
- Creating a focal point
- How to use painterly edges and learning to see them
Please call (805) 695-8850 to receive more information on this wonderful workshop.
About the Instructor, Jordan Pope
- Jordan has taught classes and workshops since 1993
- Voted "Best Art Instructor," Montecito Journal's 2013 "Best of the Best"
- Her paintings have graced the covers of 5 Southern California magazines
- Member of the Oil Painters of America, American Impressionist Society and the California Art Club
Color Workshop Discover and master color mixing and matching
Next Color Workshop: February 20, 21, & 22 of 2020 ($600)
- Making the colors of nature
- Warm and cool colors
- Formulas for making skin tones
- Creating highlights and shadows
- Basic color mixing
Please call (805) 695-8850 to register or receive more information about this workshop
Are you coming in from out of town for a limited stay? Inquire about our visitors package.
For more information or to book, call (805) 695-8850.